HBS offers a variety of customized solutions specifically designed to meet your business needs. We start with a solid foundation—the HBS Pharmacy Management System. For nearly 30 years, this highly flexible, easy-to-use system has been carefully designed and is continually enhanced to enable you to dispense prescriptions and process claims without disruption.
Our pharmacy suite includes features designed to enhance the productivity of any pharmacy operation. The following list describes many of our more popular solutions. If what you are interested in is not included in this list, you require something unique, or you need custom programming, HBS operates under the premise that functionality, customization, and integrated solutions are key factors to the success of your pharmacy. In many cases, HBS has the right functionality or solution already available for your pharmacy environment.
- Signature Capture: Track every signature electronically for each prescription. Our integrated electronic signature capture solution supports both table-top and handheld wireless signature capture devices and is compliant with 3rd party log and HIPAA privacy requirements, simplifying third-party audits.
- Prescription Scanning (document imaging): Access any written prescription image in seconds. HBS supports the scanning of prescription images, indexing the images for filling purposes and maintaining the image with the prescription to provide for “paperless filing.”
- E-Prescribing: Receive new and refill prescriptions directly from a doctor. Our certified SureScripts system enable your pharmacy to receive prescriptions directly into your pharmacy system for review, and complete the dispensing process with just a few keystrokes.
- Inventory Management: Maintain perpetual inventories, return to stock, and interface with any wholesaler. HBS supports electronic ordering to wholesalers using an X.12 communication to maintain a perpetual inventory system that allows for the establishment of reorder points and reorder quantities on a drug-item-by-drug-item basis.
- Bar Code and UPC Scanning: Scan bar codes instead of typing for improved accuracy and speed. From patient prescription order “in” to final prescription “out,” HBS supports bar code scanning throughout the system for retrieval of refill information, completing screen information for the dispensed product, verification of the dispensed product, quality assurance checking, and Point-of-Sale (POS) scanning that activates the signature pad for patient signature acquisition.
- Workflow Management: Expedite accurate prescription filling. The HBS Workflow system provides efficient and productive prescription processing with quality control. HBS has workflow integrated into the design, allowing for seamless interfacing with IVR, Automation, and POS systems. One user can fill a prescription quickly and efficiently, or the process can be divided among several users at different workstations utilizing the workflow queues to exchange prescription information.
- Integrated Voice Response (IVR) System: Increase pharmacy workflow and productivity when the lights are off. Offer your customers convenient, 24-hour access to your pharmacy by accepting incoming telephone and internet requests, and enable your pharmacy staff to spend more time serving customers in the store, increasing store revenue and value.
- Pill imaging: Prevent incorrect dispensing of medications with pill imaging. Pill images can be used during quality assurance checking to insure that the correct pill will be displayed and compared with the bottle contents to prevent incorrect drug dispensing.
- Point-of-Sale (POS): Combine all of a customer’s purchases into a single transaction for improved speed and efficiency. While HBS interfaces with many industry leading POS systems, HBS also offers its own POS system to provide a complete "Host-to-Post" scanning solution, which means comprehensive control over prescription movement and walk-out prevention.
- Drug Maintenance Updates: Receive updates over the internet daily — not weekly. AWP updates, NDC changes, and information about new drugs are available on a daily basis and distributed over the Internet to our clients.
- Dr. Fax: Send refill reminders to the prescriber automatically. Our Dr. Fax Module allows the system to fax refill request authorization forms directly to the doctor's office, enabling the pharmacist or the technician to stay at their terminal to continue filling prescriptions and helping patients.
- Long-Term Care Functionality: Serve nursing homes and facilities with minimal impact on your normal daily operations. HBS provides one of the strongest Institutional software packages available in the marketplace. It’s integrated with our core application, enabling our retail and “closed-door” institutional pharmacy customers to service tens of thousands of beds, at hundreds of facilities from a single location.
- Reporting Packages: Create useful reports with fewer keystrokes. Our system provides an extensive library of standard reports that provides you with multiple sort options for each report, including all detailed information or simply a totals page. If you need assistance with a specific report, our customer support staff is available to help.
- Automation: Dispense prescriptions with minimum handling. Our system has the capability of interfacing with a wide range of systems including (but not limited to) Automed, Kirby Lester, Parata, McKesson, Baker Cells/Pharmacy 2000 System, ScriptPro, Pacmed, PharmAssist, and Pyxis.
- Customer Support: Get the help that you want when you most need it. HBS' software and hardware support representatives are available on Monday to Friday from 8 A.M. to 8 P.M. ET and Saturday from 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. ET. On-call after hour emergency support until 10 P.M. ET on weekdays and Saturdays; Sunday from 9 A.M. to 10 P.M. ET.